Mindful Nutrition Part 1 – Free Webinar
Join Katie Sheen for the first part of a two part webinar about mindfulness and nutrition. Only when we are comfortable with ourselves and our thoughts around food and drink are we able to gain the insights we need in order to begin an effective process of positive transformation towards happier and healthier self-nourishment.
- Tuesday 26th January, 2021
- 7.00pm - 8.00pm
This is part 1 of Mindful Nutrition, you can find Part 2 here.
If you want to move from A to B, first you have to really be at A! Mindfulness helps us to arrive in the present moment and take a gentle but honest, brave yet compassionate look at our current reality, and is especially useful when it comes to mindful nutrition. Only when we are comfortable with ourselves and our thoughts around food and drink are we able to gain the insights we need in order to begin an effective process of positive transformation towards happier and healthier self-nourishment.
The classic image of a seated meditation is only one aspect of mindfulness, and this inspiring two-part webinar is designed to give you practical experience and a toolkit of mindful practices to help you discover a more liberated, joyful relationship around food and drink.
Drawing on the current scientific evidence base and mindfulness practices dating back over 2,600 years, there will be specific references to
- Definitions of mindfulness & mindful eating
- Emotional & impulsive eating
- Tendencies to over-indulge
- The differences between hunger & craving
- Self-image & self-compassion
- Seeing the interconnected nature of nourishment & self-care
- How mindful eating can support digestion & gut health
- Practical tips for eating more mindfully
About the session
Katie is partnering with CSSC and AW21 to exclusively hold these interactive webinars for all AW users. These sessions are available to all, you do not need to be a CSSC member – but if you’re interested in improving your health and wellbeing, why not check us out at www.cssc.co.uk.
- This session is being run virtually on Zoom and is free to attend
- Each session will run for an hour with an opportunity for a Q&A with Katie towards the end
- By signing up for each event, you enable us to forward the joining details to your nominated email address. These will be sent the day before the event takes place- so keep a look out in your inbox (and spam folders in case we get stuck!)
- Please note this session is limited to 95 attendees, places will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis
About Katie Sheen, PGCE, MA Education
Katie first discovered mindfulness in 2001 and since then has studied in a variety of Buddhist and Secular Mindfulness traditions, finding the teachings invaluable in helping her to handle both the large and small challenges of everyday life. Since 2009 she has taught nutrition and mindful eating in a range of educational and corporate settings including the MSc Nutritional Therapy course at University of Worcester, Diploma course in Naturopathic Nutrition at CNM Manchester, and numerous CPD events for health professionals at the Institute for Optimum Nutrition London and throughout the UK on behalf of Lamberts Healthcare.
You can discover more about Katie by visiting her website Soul Nutrition, where she offers a range of free resources. These include a gratitude app called ‘Appreciating Windowsills’, and a video based ‘Mindfulness for Anxiety’ course that was made free at the start of the pandemic and is now being viewed in 112 countries across the globe.
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/SoulNutrition1
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/soulnutrition1/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SoulNutrition/